Ensuring your primary care needs are met from the safety and comfort of your home.
Telehealth is a great way to see your medical, dental, behavioral health, and diabetes/nutrition providers in a virtual exam room. Telehealth allows certain appointment types to be seen through this virtual setting. Some visits will not qualify for this type of service based on what needs to occur during your time with your provider.
Chronic Care Appointments
Dental Emergencies - swelling, infection and pain
Behavioral Health Visits
Existing Behavioral Health Patients
Diabetes Education/Nutrition Visits
All diabetes education and nutrition appointments can be seen using telehealth.
Spruce1. Call 719.336.0261 to schedule a visit.
2. If your visit can be done using telehealth, you will be asked to download the FREE Spruce App using the Apple App Store or Google Play.
3. A link will be sent to you from High Plains. Follow the link to help create an account.
4. Your provider will call you through the Spruce App. You have to be signed in to the app for the video chat to initiate.
Helpful information from Spruce can be found here: Spruce Information
Healow1. Download the free app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
2. Open the app, select Get Started and enter the High Plains Practice ID HAIIBD. This is case sensitive and only has to be done the first time you log in.
3.Enter your username and password for your patient portal account.
a. If you are unsure if you have an account, call any location for assistance.
4. It will ask you to accept the terms for using the patient portal.
5. The app will ask you to validate your identity to link you to your account.
a. If using a smart phone, the app will also send a set up pass code via text message. That number must be associated with High Plains records in your chart.
6. The app will then ask you to create your own pin for accessing the app.
7.That’s it! You should now be logged into your patient portal through the Healow app.
Helpful information from Healow can be found here: